Rodgers Design Group was formed in 1987 from the encouragement of Jay Morrish and Tom Weiskopf. Prior to the formation of his firm Larry had the big dream of moving to Colorado to enjoy skiing. It was from 1980 to 1987 that he worked at the Toro dealer and then with David Kesler to round out his knowledge of pumping equipment. He now has over (30) years golf course irrigation design & consulting experience on over 650 golf course projects in 43 States, 22 countries on 5 continents. (64) Projects have been recognized by Golf Digest as being the Best newly opened golf course in their annual ratings. The Golfweek rankings for top 100 modern courses have 14 projects with irrigation systems as designed by Rodgers Design.
Larry is a member of ASCE, GCSAA, RMGCSA, Irrigation Association and GCBAA. He is licensed in Texas #3374 and has accreditations from the Irrigation Association for Design and Auditing.
Educational Background: 1979 Michigan State University, BS Mechanical Engineering, AS College of Agriculture Turfgrass Management program,
- Own (3) GPS all sub meter in accuracy and one is survey grade capable to insure all of the data we retrieve is the most accurate possible
- Trimble trained and certified as operators
- (2) fully licensed AutoCAD software packages that are on an annual renewal to stay current with all team members
- Staff attends Evening college classes for GIS and engineering related education
- Liability Insurance is through Keller Lowry with a $2,000,000,00 umbrella
- Staff of 3 insures that the project will receive the full attention of the principal for every phase
- Water auditing service is provided to show before and after water use efficiencies
- Irrigation Master planning insures that the project meets the needs of the end user and financial sustainability
- Bid documents are precise and provide a definite scope of service for the project to be installed smoothly
- Construction procurement services will insure the selected installation contractors are familiar with the assets
- Field staking will be provided to insure the project is as designed and address any modifications such as tree placement or future work.
- Central Computer optimizations has the designer setting up the central computer and load the proper programs to demonstrate the system will operate as designed
World Class Golf Requires World Class Irrigation
Featured Larry Rodgers Design
Crystal Downs - Golf Digest Top 50 Greatest Golf Courses
17th Hole - Par 4 - 311 yards
Irrigation by Larry Rodgers